It was hilarious! Santa Claus (the real one) popped in to the Coffee at Eleven Show for a chat as he prepared for the big day (or night!)!
As with all our guests, we talked business for a bit and touched on the text-book perennial nature of the Claus family business, centered on the three legs which require mastering for longevity: impeccable and unrelenting focus on Brand, Systems and People, but he wasn’t giving much away so it was then that the craic started, as adult after adult café goer lined up one after the other and ‘Sat on Santa’s Knee’ virtually for old times’ sake.
It was magical.
When all were duly seen and heard, Santa had to rush off – huge preparations were afoot; making lists, checking them twice, going to find out who’s naughty or nice (are you humming yet?) – indeed one café regular had to plead his case for a transfer and may have been successful and Tim Kelly shall remain nameless.
However, in true Irish style we continued the party and went around the room to check out that essential “show us your Irish pedigree” test – the party piece! Songs were sung, poems recited, stories told, the odd tear squeaked out, and laughter, real laughter, Covid-beating laughter spread from one to the other in what one regular called, as he typed it into the Zoom chat, “THE BEST HOUR OF THE YEAR!” And Tim Kelly can take a bow for that one. Sláinte Timo.
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages, on behalf of Princess Shelley – aka Michelle Barry, The Monk – aka Eamonn Smith, Our Rock – aka Caterina O’Brien and our latest recruit, The Resident Pup – aka Tim Kelly I invite you to gift yourself and your families one hour over the festive season to watch The Coffee at Eleven Show Christmas Special 2020.
Merry Christmas one and all. Stay safe. Play nice. See you on the other side.
Enjoy the Full Show on YouTube: https://youtu.be/rUHkXEobkb8
Listen to the Full Show on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/4sIdMtGoUR9RvriLJtCCs6?si=Ebuq0AWgQ0GagcoQ5jad5w
See below for the lost of the Party Piece start times.
- Princess Shelley, “When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney”: 33:50
- Caterina O’Brien, “Santa Baby” 34:50
- Seamus O’Donovan, “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” 36:45
- Harriet McGuigan, “When a Child is Born” 37:50
- Donal Thurlow, reading “A Dublin Christmas” by Colum McCann 39:20
- Noelle McAlinden, a call to action for Jingle Bells, 42:20
- Cathy Merra, showing us a real “White Christmas” in New Hampshire 43:00
- Donal O’Leary, reading “A Christmas Childhood” by Patrick Kavanagh 43:30
- Tim Kelly, “Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer” 48:00
- Eamonn Smith: “This Year, Everybody Is On The Good List” 49:20
- Yours Truly, A Spaceman Came Travelling” 50:30
- Tommy O’Brien, reading “Christmas in Dublin in My Mind” a poem by his son, my brother, Donal O’Brien 55:50
Come back next week for another peek into the café and ‘The Coffee at Eleven Show” brought to you by WIG-WAM Global